Thursday, October 28, 2010

I'm Coming...

When Ghanaians are leaving your presence and want to inform you that they will be right back, they say "I'm coming" as they walk away in the opposite direction. To the foreigner, this is counter-intuitive, as it appears they are not "coming" they are indeed "going."

Well, I wanted to tell readers of my blog that "I'm coming."

I have been working like crazy on funding applications for the documentary I wish to do with the Sefwi Wiawso Jewish community. The deadline for these funding proposals are Nov 9 and Nov 15 so my blog entries will remain slow until then. However, I do plan on doing a special little post tomorrow to mark my 100th day in Ghana! I don't know exactly when it was but it was sometime this week.

In the meantime, if anyone knows of organizations or people that could support my effort to do a documentary about the Jewish community in Sefwi Wiawso, please do contact me! The project would go into production next fall, in time for the high holidays.

Thanks and see you soon!
Gabrielle

No comments:

Post a Comment